Tuesday, June 8, 2010

Windsor Deli and gluten free..


photo courtesy of Windsor Deli


A couple of months ago my brother mentioned that his good friend, Katrina was trialing gluten free food and was keeping a record of this on her blog..I was instantly interested as Katrina and her husband Alan are both chefs and own Windsor Deli in Windsor, Victoria. I visited the Windsor Deli blog and tried the muffin recipe within a couple of days. I was pleasantly surprised as a lot of gluten free food is lacking in texture....but these apple muffins were fluffy AND yummy!! (sorry no photos as they were gobbled up very quickly)







After contacting Katrina to express my excitement about what she and Alan were doing she kindly sent me a batch of the GF flour they make along with some hand written recipes!



hand. written. recipes. Thank You x





Choc Caramel Tart - photo by Katrina




I've since tried several of Windsor Deli's Gluten Free recipes including the pancakes, gnocchi and choc caramel tart - the textures and flavours are amazing which has inspired me to cook more which has ultimately reignited my passion for food and cooking. I can't wait to try these Souffles, my mouth waters just looking at the photos..yum.




Gnocchi - photo by Katrina




Katrina is currently working on a gluten free pizza base recipe so I'll keep you posted. (I know there are a few friends out there who are also living life gluten free so I will aim to photograph and document the recipes I try)



How exciting to have a chef on my side! Thank you xx