Monday, August 25, 2008

opening doors


Last week I joined both the Australian Etsy Street Team - DUST and the Brisbane Etsy Street Team - BrisStyle. The members of the Brisbane team have meet ups once a month where all sorts of crafty goodness is appreciated and discussed.



Vintage Green Envy -laminex necklace - by Ruby 2 go go


On Saturday I had the pleasure of attending the August meet up and meeting some of the other members. On either side of me sat 2 lovely creative souls who both use recylced materials in their work. On my right was Helen from Ruby 2 Go Go who makes unique jewellery from rescued printed ephemera set in resin. My favourites have to be the laminex necklaces which include all sorts of delightful rescues such as laminex swatches, trinkets and charms.




Romance Cover Bird - by RE-read design


On my left was Hayley from Re-read design who makes charming animal shaped brooches made from old children's books that her mum rescued from being thrown away. It's difficult to decide which one to choose as they each have their own little personality - the fact that they are all different makes them even more appealing! Also available on madeit.

I'm looking forward to showcasing some of the other member's work but in the meantime please pour yourself a cup of tea and visit the BrisStyle blog!